Looking for an instant pot keto cheesecake? Look no further. With only carbs of 4.17 net carbs per slice, this classic and tasty cheesecake will help you stick to your diet while enjoying the delicacy that is orange and lemon-flavored. It doesn’t have a crust, so you end with a fluffy and smooth texture that will melt and in your mouth.
Instant Pot Keto CheesecakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- For The Cheesecake:
Cream cheese, at room temperature – 16 ounces
Eggs, at room temperature – 3
Granulated Swerve – 10 tablespoons
Heavy whipping cream – ¼ cup
Orange zest, grated – 1 teaspoon
The zest of one lemon
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- For The Topping:
Greek yogurt, full fat – ½ cup
Granulated Swerve – 2 teaspoons
- To prepare the cheesecake, start by lining up the bottom and sides of a 6 inches springform pan with a piece of foil. Grease the bottom of the pan with some oil then place it aside.
- Combine the granulated swerve, with cream cheese, lemon zest, orange zest, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer until they become creamy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time while mixing until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Gently pour the filling into the baking pan then smooth down the top with the back of a spoon.
- Cover the cheesecake pan tightly with a paper towel and wrap a piece of foil around it to prevent the water from getting into the cheesecake.
- Pour 1 ½ cup of water into the instant pot then lower in it the trivet.
- Fold a long stripe of foil in half to make a sling then place it in the middle of the trivet and put the cheesecake on top of it.
- Put on the lid then set the valve to Sealing. Press on the Manual button then adjust the time to 37 minutes.
- To prepare the topping, combine the yogurt with granulated swerve then whisk them well until they are well combined then let it sit in the fridge until the cheesecake is cooked.
- Once the time is up, release the pressure of the instant pot naturally by letting sit for about 20 minutes until it cools down, then gently remove the valve followed by the lid.
- Use the foil sling to gently remove the cheesecake out of the instant pot, then remove the paper towel and foil from it and set them aside.
- Use a fresh paper towel to gently dab the cheesecake to remove any moisture that accumulated on top of it.
- Gently pour the yogurt on top of the cheesecake while it’s hot and spread it nicely over it.
- Cover the cheesecake again with the paper towel and foil that you removed earlier then gently transfer it to the fridge and let it chill for at least 9 hours to overnight.
- Once the time is up, gently loosen the sides of the springform pan then gently transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve it with additional toppings of your choice and enjoy!
8 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 13.99g 70%
- Cholesterol 128.68mg 43%
- Sodium 207.93mg 9%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 124.42mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.11g 1%
- Sugars 2.97g
- Protein 6.91g 14%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Points To :now:
- When mixing the filling, you need to be gentle and make sure to not overmix it because it will cause it to become lumpy instead of smooth.
- It is absolutely necessary to use the foil to line up the cheesecake pan because it will be baked in an instant pot. The foil will prevent the water from reaching the cheesecake.
- If you wish to use a large pan, I highly recommend increasing the ingredients because the bigger the pan is the shorter the cheesecake will be. If you have any leftovers, you can freeze them for later.
- For the best results, make sure to let the cream cheese and eggs become at room temperature before you use them. This will help the ingredients mix better and ensure a smooth filling.
Can I Add A Crust To The Instant Pot Keto Cheesecake?
You can definitely use any crust of your choice with the instant pot cheesecake, whether it’s homemade or storebought. Follow the same instructions, and just add the crust at the bottom then pour on the top of it the filling. No changes are needed for the cooking time.
How To Freeze Instant Pot Keto Cheesecake?
You can store this cheesecake in the fridge for up to 4 days, but you have to make sure it’s covered so the moisture doesn’t get to it.
If you would like to freeze the whole cheesecake or a big piece of it, cover the bottom of a large container with wax paper then place it in the cheesecake and cover it. If your cheesecake is crustless, the wax paper at the bottom will prevent it from sticking to the container and will make it easier for you to remove it without ruining it after it freezes. Wrap the container with a piece of plastic wrap to make sure the moisture doesn’t get to it.
If your cheesecake is already sliced, then line up the bottom of a container with wax paper and place it in it the cheesecake slices. Cut a wax sheet into pieces then place each piece between two slices of cheesecake to prevent them from sticking to each other when they freeze.
To defrost it, you just have to transfer it from the freezer to the fridge and let it sit for at least 8 to 12 hours. Some cheesecakes might take longer, so if you need to serve it the next day, make sure to place it in the fridge at night so it can have enough time to thaw.
This classic Cheesecake is one of few desserts that actually translates well to a low carb version, without any difference in taste or texture. The instant pot will guarantee you consistently good results every time you try this cheesecake.