These keto key lime cheesecakes are so delicious and make the perfect gift for my fellow keto lovers ou there! The daring key lime flavor combined with the romantic taste and scent of vanilla extract in this super creamy cheesecake is the gift that keeps on giving and will make you want even more with each bite you take.
Keto Key Lime CheesecakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- For The Crust:
Almond flour – 6 ½ tablespoons
Butter, diced and at room temperature – 2 tablespoons
Stevia, granulated – 1 tablespoon
Vanilla extract – 1/8 teaspoon
Salt – 1 pinch
- For The Filling:
Cream cheese, at room temperature – 8 ounces
Heavy whipping cream – ½ cup
Stevia, granulated – 3 tablespoons + ½ teaspoon
Lime juice, freshly squeezed – 1 ½ tablespoon
Sour cream – 1 tablespoon
Lime zest, fresh, and grated – 1 ½ teaspoon
Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 F.
- Grease 6 small ramekins with some butter or a cooking spray then place them aside.
- To prepare the crust, combine the stevia sweetener with salt, and almond flour in a medium mixing bowl, then mix them well with a fork.
- Add to them the diced butter then mix them well with a fork or your hand until the mixture becomes wet and sticky.
- Add to it the vanilla extract then mix them well again, and shape the dough into a ball.
- Split the crust dough into 6 pieces, then place each piece in a greased ramekin and press it down until it covers the whole bottom of the ramekin.
- Transfer the ramekins to a cookie sheet then bake them for 6 to 8 minutes until the crust hardens and starts to become golden, then place them aside and allow them to cool down completely.
- After the crust cools down, place them in the fridge and let them chill while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, then beat it until it becomes creamy and fluffy.
- Add to it 3 tablespoons of stevia sweetener then beat them again until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in the fresh lime juice, then blend the mixture one more time until it becomes light and creamy.
- When done, add to it the freshly grated lime zest with sour cream, then blend them until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.
- Combine the vanilla extract with whipping cream, and ½ teaspoon of stevia sweetener in a medium mixing bowl, then beat them until the cream’s soft peaks.
- Spoon half of the whipping cream and vanilla mixture into the cream cheese and lime mixture then gently fold in using a spatula until both mixtures are well combined.
- Add the remaining whipping cream and vanilla mix to the cheesecake filling mixture, then fold them again gently with a spatula until they are well combined without overmixing them.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling mixture on top of the crust in the ramekins then level up the top using the back of a spoon.
- Place the cheesecake ramekins in the fridge for at least 4 hours, then serve it with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
6 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 15g 75%
- Cholesterol 75mg 25%
- Sodium 121mg 6%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 72mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Points To Know:
- For the best results, make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature by letting them sit on the kitchen counter hours before you start to prepare the cheesecake.
- If you are not a fan of almond flour, you can easily prepare any other crust that you wish, or simply substitute it with crushed graham crackers.
- If you don’t have almond flour, you can feel free to substitute it with almond meal instead.
Can I Change This Keto Key Lime Cheesecake Into A Whole Cheesecake Instead Of Individual Ramekins?
Absolutely! You can definitely make a whole cheesecake instead of individual ones by simply swapping the ramekins with a 6 inches springform pan. The baking instructions are the same, and the cheesecake needs to be set in the fridge for 6 hours to overnight before you serve it.
Can I Store Keto Key Lime Cheesecake?
You can definitely store this keto key lime cheesecake in the fridge for up to 2 days if it’s in individual portions, and 3 to 4 days if it’s whole. If you made the cheesecakes individually, then to freeze them, you have to cover each ramekin tightly with plastic wrap, then cover the whole container in a piece of aluminum foil. You can freeze your individual cheesecake for up to 1 month.
If your cheesecake is whole, and it’s already sliced, then you simply have to wrap the slices in plastic wrap gently and cover them with foil, then put them in a heavy container. If your cheesecake is not sliced, then you just have to wrap it with plastic wrap and cover it completely with a piece of foil, then you can freeze it.
If your cheesecake is whole, you can freeze it for up to 2 months. To defrost it, you just have to transfer it from the freezer to the fridge and let it sit for at least 8 to 12 hours. Some cheesecakes might take longer, so if you need to serve them the next day, make sure to place them in the fridge at night so they can have enough time to thaw
Can I Use Mascarpone Cheese Instead Of Cream Cheese To Make The Keto Key Lime Cheesecake?
Absolutely! I haven’t tried it myself, but I think it will work very well, and the mascarpone cheese will add a nice edgy taste to the cheesecake that will elevate it.
This recipe is amazing. Recipes like this will keep you from feeling deprived while you on the Keto Cheesecake Browniesdiet and will enable you to also share an amazing treat with your friends and family members who don’t follow the keto diet.