Oreo cheesecake philadelphia is a truly magnificent cheesecake that will leave your guests in awe. It looks amazing, and it tastes incredible. The taste of the Oreos combined with the creaminess of the Philadelphia cream cheese is heavenly.
The usage of the Oreo cookies in the crust and filling makes you feel like you are eating a big delicious cookie that is filled with cream and takes you back to your childhood. Using Orea cookies is in your cheesecakes is a game-changer for sure!
Oreo Cheesecake PhiladelphiaCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- For The Crust:
Classic Oreo cookies – 8 ounces
Butter – 3.50 ounces
- For The Filling:
Philadelphia cream cheese, at room tempeture – 19 ounces
Double cream – 2 cups
Classic Oreo cookies – 5.50 ounces / 1 packet
Caster sugar – 3.5 ounces
The juice of half a lemon
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- For The Topping:
8 Oreo cookies
Double cream – 2/3 cup
Icing sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Start preparing the crust by placing the oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse them several times until they become crumbled.
- Add to them the butter then blend them until the cookies mixture become moist and the cookies are finely ground.
- Line up an 8 inches springform pan with a piece of parchment paper then grease it with some butter.
- Place it in the fridge and let it sit until the filling is ready.
- Place the crust mixture in the cheesecake pan then smooth it down to cover the bottom of the pan using your hand, the back of a spoon, or a spatula.
- To prepare the Oreo filling, start by combining the caster sugar with Philadelphia cream cheese in a mixing bowl then beat them with an electric or a hand mixer until they become smooth and creamy.
- Pour in the vanilla extract with fresh lemon juice then beat them again until they become smooth and creamy.
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor then pulse them several times until they become finely crushed.
- Add it to the cream cheese mixture then combine them well using a spatula.
- Pour the double cream into a separate mixing bowl and beat it until its stiff peaks, then use a spatula to gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the crust then gently smooth the top using a spatula. Transfer the cheesecake to the fridge and let it sit for at least 8 hours.
- To prepare the topping, combine the double cream with icing sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat them until the cream is softly whipped.
- Transfer the cream into a piping bag then use it to decorate the cheesecake. Arrange the cookies on top of the cheesecake then serve it and enjoy!
12 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 27g 135%
- Cholesterol 134mg 45%
- Sodium 351mg 15%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 149mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 27g
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- If you don’t have a food processor to ground the biscuits, you can simply put them in a ziplock bag, then run over it a rolling pin several times until the biscuits are crushed.
- Greasing the parchment paper in the cheesecake pan is not necessary but it’s best to do it because it will prevent the crust from sticking to the paper and it will make it easier for you to slide the cheesecake to a serving plate.
- After you add the crust mixture in the pan, don’t press it too hard because it will become tough and it won’t slide off the pan easily.
How Can I Store This Oreo Cheesecake Philadelphia Cheesecake?
You can definitely store this oreo cheesecake Philadelphia in the fridge for up to 4 days. If your cheesecake is already sliced, then you simply have to wrap the slices in a plastic wrap gently and cover them with foil, then put them in a heavy container. If your cheesecake is not sliced, then you just have to wrap it with plastic wrap and cover it completely with a piece of foil, then you can freeze it.
If it’s sliced, the slices will be good for up to 4 weeks, if it is not sliced then the cheesecake could last you up to 4 months.
I highly recommend that you don’t leave the toppings on if you want to freeze this cheesecake because they won’t freeze well, so if you have any leftovers, you can use a knife to scrape off the toppings before freezing them, then you can simply decorate them again when you want to serve it.
To defrost it, you just have to transfer it from the freezer to the fridge and let it sit for at least 8 to 12 hours. Some cheesecakes might take longer, so if you need to serve it the next day, make sure to place it in the fridge at night so it can have enough time to thaw.
I Don’t Have An Electric or Hand Mixer, Can I Use A Spatula?
If you don’t have an electric or a hand mixer, you can still use a spatula to combine the filling but keep in mind that it’s going to take you longer, and you need to keep mixing the ingredients until they become very smooth and creamy as it is necessary if you want the cheesecake to set.
Is This Oreo Cheesecake Philadelphia Cheesecake Gluten-free?
Unfortunately, Oreo cookies are not gluten-free as they contain wheat. However, you can always feel free to swap them with your favorite gluten-free cookies but make sure to use the same measurements.
Is Oreo Cheesecake Philadelphia Vegetarian?
Yes it is because you don’t have to use gelatin to get it to set.
Easy to make, no-bake, creamy, delicious, and beautiful cheesecake. What else can you ask for?
If you want to take this cheesecake over the top and you are not afraid of chocolate, then I highly recommend you drizzle on it some chocolate sauce before you serve it. It will make it perfect!