Are you looking for different ways how to freeze cheesecake? Everyone loves cheesecakes. It is a dessert with a rich, velvety, and luxurious taste. Thus, it is an ideal dessert to have at parties such as Christmas, New Year, or just a Sunday dinner.
However, there are many instances when you have to bake a cheesecake beforehand, or you have leftover pieces after a party. The solution is pretty simple; you should know how to freeze cheesecake.
How to freeze cheesecake?
Freezing a cheesecake is a convenient skill to know. It is also great to have a few frozen cheesecake slices in the freezer for unexpected guests or if you have a sweet tooth yourself.
You just need to take the frozen pieces out of the freezer, thaw them and decorate with your favorite toppings. Tada! A delicious, mouthwatering dessert is ready to serve and be savored by your friends and family members.
If you don’t know how to freeze cheesecake, don’t worry. This article will throw light on the points you need to know for freezing a cheesecake and retaining its freshness for an extended period of time.
Benefits of Freezing Cheesecake
Before we throw light on the methods we can adopt to freeze cheesecake, we should know whether freezing cheesecakes is beneficial or not. The answer is, of course, it is!
Cheesecake is a dessert that you can make ahead of time. The texture of the cheesecake is always best if it has been frozen for a day.
This is great if you are hosting a party and don’t have time to make dessert on the spot.
Another benefit is that you can freeze and store cheesecakes for snacking on them later. You can freeze a cheesecake for up to a month. If you have sudden late-night cravings, then frozen cheesecakes are a great option since they look and taste just like fresh cheesecakes when you thaw them.
The best part is that you can freeze cheesecakes after slicing them as well. This makes it easier to snack or decorate whenever you want.
This is not the end of the many benefits of freezing a cheesecake. If you like your cheesecake to be dense and rich in taste, like buttermilk cheesecake, freezing is a great option. However, it would be best if you were careful not to freeze it for too long since the lighter cheesecakes may become too dense.
An important thing to know is that freezing cheesecakes is excellent and all, but don’t freeze them with their toppings. You should always remove their topping before freezing for a fresher look.
Methods of Freezing Cheesecake
If you have baked a cheesecake or bought one from a restaurant or a bakery, freezing them is a great option.
An important thing to note is that even though some refrigerators have a freezing compartment, storing them in an actual freezer is best. This is because the freezer compartments in fridges are not cold enough. It would be best if you also took care to freeze your cheesecake in an air-tight container to avoid any bacteria from growing.
Now, since we have taken care of the precautions, let’s immediately dive into the article’s main point: how to freeze cheesecake. There are two methods of freezing cheesecakes. Both of them are discussed in detail below.
- How to Freeze Whole Cheesecake: if you are making a cheesecake for a party or dinner, it is best to make the cake beforehand and freeze it whole. There are a few steps that you need to follow to do that.
- Cool the Cheesecake Completely: before you start to freeze your cheesecake, the one crucial thing that can never compromise is cooling down your cheesecake after baking to room temperature.
Methods of Thawing Cheesecake
Now that you know how to freeze cheesecake properly, you should also know how to thaw it to serve it to the guests or eat it. The cheesecake may be similar to eat if it is a slice or a whole cake, but the thawing methods are slightly different. The following are the steps you should take while softening whole cheesecake and cheesecake slices.
- How to Thaw Whole Cheesecake: if you want to thaw your whole cheesecake overnight, you should follow the following steps.
- Place it in a Refrigerator Overnight: before you are ready to eat your frozen cheesecake, you should let it sit in a refrigerator overnight. By doing this, you are ensuring that no condensation is formed on the cheesecake and that its pretty and attractive shape is intact when you remove the foil.
- Sit on a Kitchen Counter: after placing the cheesecake in the fridge overnight, place the cake on the kitchen counter for thirty minutes at room temperature before serving it to your guests.
- After that, decorate it with the toppings of your choice and serve.
- How to Thaw Cheesecake Slices: to thaw cheesecake slices, the first step is the same. In the second step, rather than letting it sit on the counter, remove the foil and microwave the cheesecake slice for 45-60 seconds. Let it sit for 5 minutes in the oven. Then add your favorite toppings and serve them to your guests
This concludes our article about how to freeze cheesecakes. With this article, you now know the correct methods and their benefits.
Freezing foods retains their flavor and texture for a long time, and this is precisely what we want for our cheesecakes. I hope that from this article, you have picked up many useful tips and tricks that will prove handy for you in your future cooking and baking endeavors. Follow all these steps that are shared here, and you are good to go.