Italian recipes are always mouthwatering and delectable, be it pasta or desserts. One of the most popular desserts that are loved by all is the Italian Cream Cheesecake. The Italian Cream cheesecake recipe is an assortment of shredded coconut, pecans, and cream cheese. It is topped with whipping cream and has a smooth texture that melts in the mouth. The Italian cream cheesecake is delightful and fluffy. It even has an almond extract, which doesn’t overpower the pecan taste and pairs well.
For the frosting, you can replace the whipping cream with cream cheese. You can also add walnuts or almonds with the pecans. Everybody loves the Italian cream cheesecake. It is a hit on holidays and parties such as Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, and so on. The recipe is extremely easy to make. It is so delicious that you would want to eat it every day.
Italian Cream Cheesecake
Italian Cream Cheesecake RecipeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- For the Cake
Softened butter – ½ cup
Granulated Sugar – 2 cups
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Shredded sweetened coconut – 1 ½ cups
Shortening – ½ cup
Large eggs – 5
All-purpose flour- 2 cups
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Chopped pecans – 1 cup
- For the Frosting
Softened cream cheese – 11 ounces
Confectioner’s sugar – 6 cups
Chopped pecans – ¾ cups
Softened butter – ¾ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a 9-inch baking pan and grease it with butter and flour.
- Take a large bowl and add butter, granulated sugar, and shortening, and with the help of an electric mixer, beat it until it is smooth.
- Then add eggs one by one in the same bowl. Also, add vanilla extract and beat it until it is fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda and flour.
- In the large bowl, add the flour mixture with buttermilk and mix it entirely until it is combined properly.
- When the mixture is thoroughly mixed, throw in the crushed coconuts and pecans and mix some more.
- In a separate bowl, add in egg whites and beat them with a whisk until the mixture is stiff. Make sure it isn’t dry.
- In the mixture, add almost 1/4th of the egg whites and beat the eggs. Then add the remaining of the egg whites while mixing thoroughly. The mixture should be smooth, fluffy, and there should not be any residues.
- Take the greased pan and pour the mixture carefully into it. With the help of a spatula or knife, smooth the mixture so that there are no air bubbles. Air bubbles create cracks in the cake.
- Then bake the cake in the oven for almost 20 minutes or until the surface is golden brown. Insert the toothpick in the middle, and if it comes out clean, that means the cake is baked properly.
- Let the cake cool on the wire rack at room temperature for almost 10 minutes. You can make the frosting during that time.
- For the frosting, take a bowl and mix butter and cream cheese until it is smooth. Then add in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract and beat until the mixture is soft and fluffy. Then for the finale, add in pecans.
- With the help of a spatula, spread the cream cheese frosting between the layers of cake. Then refrigerate the cake until it is set. Decorate the top with pecans and walnuts.
- You can chill it in the refrigerator or serve fresh to your guests.
16 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 28.6mg 10%
- Sodium 88.6mg 4%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chocolate Cheese Diabetic Cheese Cake Recipe
This delicious recipe contains lower fat than the regular cheesecake, and you get 76% less amount of carbs in it. If you are looking for a Diabetic Cheese Cake Recipe with an exceptional chocolate taste, it is a must-try.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, then a replacement for that maybe milk mixed in white vinegar or lemon juice. In a measuring cup of 1 cup, put one tablespoon of white vinegar and add milk in it until it is filled. Let it stay for almost 5 minutes. Another great substitute for buttermilk would be 1 cup of yogurt.
- For a buttery and smooth flavor, unsalted or sweetened butter is better, especially if you are using butter in cream cheese frosting. If you use slightly salted butter, then the flavor of the cake would change.
- Many people love coconut, but some don’t. So if you want to remove the coconut from the recipe, you can.
- Almond extract aids the taste of the pecans, so adding it increases the flavor. However, removing it is your choice.
How to Store Italian Cream Cheesecake
The cream cheesecakes are best when they have a fresh taste. When put in the refrigerator, the frosting of many cream cheesecakes goes sour. So to save the cake, it is better to put the cake in an airtight container. It will also help, and no mold will grow on it.
If you want a fresh taste, it is better to take the cake out of the refrigerator and place it at room temperature for almost an hour before you serve it. Cold cheesecakes are generally preferred because the slices are neatly cut, and they don’t stick on the knife.
You can also freeze the cake in an airtight container for up to a month. Before freezing, it is better that you don’t add any toppings. Toppings are best when they are fresh.
This concludes our article on the Italian cream cheesecake recipe. The Italian cream cheesecake is a treat for everyone, and its mouthwatering flavor isn’t forgotten easily. This makes the cheesecake even more desirable. Hopefully, this article has given you ample details about the cheesecake, and you will keep the recipe with you for a long time.