Have you ever tried our chocolate mint cheesecake recipe? There are many desserts people like and eating them every so often is like a treat.
Some of these commonly favourite desserts include cakes, cheesecakes, chocolate mint ice cream, etc. So, what will happen if these heavenly tastes were to combine? The result is a delicious and mouth-watering chocolate mint cheesecake!
This article will take a look at a simple recipe for chocolate mint cheesecake that you can enjoy whenever you want.
Chocolate Mint CheesecakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
The chocolate mint cheesecake recipe is relatively easy, and you can quickly whip it for your Sunday dinner, parties, Christmas, or New Year dinner.
- For Base:
Oreo cookie crumbs – 1 cup
Melted butter – 2 tablespoons
Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- For filling:
Cream cheese – 32 ounces
Melted and cooled white baking chips – 1 cup
All-purpose flour – 1/4 cup
Peppermint extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Crushed Oreo cookies – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Crème de menthe – 6 tablespoons
Crème de cacao – 2 tablespoons
Eggs – 4
- For ganache:
Heavy whipping cream – 6 tablespoons
Chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a springform pan and cover it adequately with foil. Grease the bottom with greasing spray.
- For the base, take a bowl and mix cookie crumbs and sugar.
- Then add butter and mix until it feels like clay.
- Pour the mixture to the bottom of the pan and press it to form a solid base.
- Take a large and mix cream cheese and sugar for filling in it until it is smooth.
- Add crème de menthe, crème de cacao, flour, white chips and peppermint extract in it and mix.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the mixture.
- Pour half the mixture on the crumb base in the pan and sprinkle Oreo crumbs entirely on it. Then pour the remaining mixture on it.
- Add one-inch hot water in a pan and place it on the lower rack of the oven. On the upper rack, place the cake batter.
- Bake for 75-80 minutes until the center is firm, and the exterior appears dull.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath. Leave it to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then, remove the foil.
- Take the cake out of the pan by loosening its sides with a knife and let it cool for another 30 minutes.
- Place it in a refrigerator for at least 6 hours or chill overnight.
- Take a small bowl and place chocolate chips in it. In a pan, add cream and let it boil slightly. Then pour the cream into the bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the topping over cheesecake. Enjoy!
16 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 18g 90%
- Cholesterol 116mg 39%
- Sodium 296mg 13%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 7g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
No-bake Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
If you don’t have an oven but still are a die-hard fan of chocolate mint cheesecake, then a recipe where you don’t have to bake the cheesecake is here for you.
This is one of the best and easiest recipes. You have to mix in a few ingredients, and Voila! An impressive dessert with a mouth-watering taste is here for you.
Dessert / Easy
- For Crust:
Crushed Oreo cookies – 2 cups
Melted butter – 6 tablespoons
- For Filling:
Cream cheese – 28 ounces
Whipped cream – 2 ½ cups
Peppermint extract – a few drops
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Food coloring – green
Mini chocolate chips – 1 cup
Chocolate whipped cream for serving
Chocolate sauce for serving
- Take a bowl and add crushed Oreo biscuits and melted butter in it. Mix it with a fork until it feels like clay.
- Take a springform pan and press the mixture to 2/3 of the height of the pan. Chill it in the refrigerator to make it solid. In the meanwhile, make the filling.
- For the filling, take a large bowl, add cream cheese to it, and beat it until it’s smooth. Then add powdered sugar and mix it until it is smooth.
- Then add the whipping cream and mix it with food coloring.
- Then add the peppermint extract and chocolate chips and mix them well until they are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the chilled crust in the springform pan. Use a spatula and press it evenly on the chilled batter so that no air bubbles will form. Air bubbles destroy the texture of the cake, so you should be careful to remove them properly.
- It is better to chill the cheesecake in the fridge for 24 hours before serving. Or you should chill it in the freezer for 2-3 hours and then overnight.
- Use the chocolate whipping cream and chocolate sauce as a topping and serve it to your guests. Enjoy!
- Nutrition Value:
Calories 550kcal; Protein 7g; Saturated Fat 20g; Sodium 414g; Fiber 1g; Vitamin A 1265IU; Iron 3mg; Carbohydrates 43g; Fat 40g; Cholesterol 85mg; Potassium 171mg; Sugar 33g; Vitamin C 1mg; Calcium 103mg;
This concludes the article about chocolate mint cheesecake. It is a delicious recipe that people of every age are sure to enjoy no matter what the occasion is. All the ingredients are readily available in the market and are easy to store as well.
You can whip up this recipe as a fun activity with your kids, as it is sure to boost your confidence. We hope that the above recipes will be a great addition to your already amazing list of favorite food recipes, and you will enjoy making it as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Collect ingredients and start making these recipes.