Have you ever asked yourself how to make strawberry sauce for cheesecake? Read this post because I am going to provide you with a great recipe.
Strawberries are the fruits that make all desserts even more mouthwatering when they are used as a topping. Fresh strawberries don’t last very long, so you have to eat them quickly.
However, you can convert them into something that will make all your desserts, especially cheesecakes, more delicious while staying fresh for much longer.
Strawberry sauce is tangy and can be used as a topping on waffles, toast, pancakes, and especially cheesecakes.
The question of how to make a strawberry sauce for cheesecake is frequently asked, and this article is written to explain in detail everything you need to know.
Different Kinds of Strawberry Sauce
People like different kinds of sauce. Some like strawberry sauce with chunky strawberry pieces, while others want a smooth strawberry paste.
The type of sauce that goes with waffles, pancakes, French toasts, oats, pound cakes, parfaits, trifles, ice creams, and cheesecakes may differ. The good part is that the recipe is the same, even though the end may be slightly different each time.
The different kinds of strawberry sauce are as follows.
Without Corn Starch
Corn starch is added to the strawberry sauce during cooking to make it thicker. If you want to skip this ingredient, then you can. To achieve the required consistency, you should just let the strawberry sauce simmer for a longer time.
It would be best if you kept in mind that as the sauce cools down, it thickens even more, so you have to take care. If the sauce is thicker than you wanted, then don’t worry. Just return it to the saucepan, add a few tablespoons of water and let it slightly heat again.
You can also replace the corn starch with potato starch or tapioca starch.
Smooth Strawberry Sauce
If you are a smooth strawberry sauce lover, then before adding the strawberries to the pan, you should cut it into tiny pieces. Then put them into a food processor and puree it.
This will make the strawberry lose all its color and vibrancy. To restore it, adding a little red color is a great option.
Less Chunky Strawberry Sauce
For a less chunky strawberry sauce, rather than slicing the strawberry in halves, you should cut it into 5-6 pieces and then add to the sauce while thickening it.
Frozen Strawberry Sauce
Using frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones doesn’t affect the tangy taste of strawberry sauce at all. Instead of thawing the strawberries, you can toss them in the saucepan. The time it will take will be longer, but the final result will be the same.
Chunky Strawberry Sauce
Just like the name states, you have a mouthful of strawberries along with the sauce, which doubles the taste and the texture.
No matter what others say, the taste of a spoonful of buttery graham crackers, creamy and smooth cream cheese, and the lustrous, tangy, and chunky strawberry sauce is fantastic and makes people wonder how to make a strawberry sauce for cheesecake.
The fact that homemade sauce is way better and healthier than store-bought sauce adds to the charms of the strawberry sauce.
Strawberry Sauce for CheesecakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Strawberry sauce is effortless to make, and it goes excellent with cheesecakes. Its recipe is quick, and it is a great way to store strawberries of you have bought a lot on impulse, and they are going bad.
Warm water – 3 tablespoons
Sliced and hulled strawberries – 1 pound
Cornstarch – 1 tablespoon
Zest and juice from the lemon – 1/2
Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Take a medium bowl and put cornstarch and water in it. With the help of a whisk or a spoon, mix it properly until it is combined.
- Take a small saucepan, and along with the cornstarch mixture, add all the ingredients in it.
- Over medium heat, with the help of a wooden spatula, mix everything thoroughly. It would help if you also crushed the strawberries with the spatula as you mix.
- Then bring the sauce to a simmer and let it stay like that for approximately 3-5 minutes. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- If you want, you can serve the sauce warm before it cools down completely, or you can store it in the fridge. If you want, you can also microwave the sauce for 30 seconds to thin it out before serving.
- 1 pound of strawberries in the recipe may be equivalent to 3-4 cups, 16 ounces, or 450g.
- You can freeze the strawberry sauce in the freezer for almost 3-4 months. If you want to use, let it thaw at room temperature. You can then microwave it or warm it up on the stove to get its original texture back.
- I use lemon zest to enhance the flavour of the strawberry topping. For that, you can use about 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. If you are not fond of lemons, you can skip this ingredient altogether.
- The amount of strawberry chunks you add is up to you. If you want no pieces, blend the strawberries. If you want smaller chunks, mash the strawberries as you cook the sauce.
- You can replace strawberries with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries while keeping the original recipe the same for any berry sauce. If you think the fruit is too sweet, you can reduce the sugar to almost 3 tablespoons.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Sodium 1mg 1%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 87mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How Long Can be Strawberry Sauce Stored?
We all love strawberry sauce, and we want to enjoy it for an extended time. The main reason for converting strawberries to strawberry sauce, other than the fact that it is delicious, is that we want to store it properly.
The best way to store strawberry sauce is to keep it in an air-tight container to avoid any fungus growing in it. This way, you can store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze the strawberry sauce in the freezer for 3-4 months. If you want to use the frozen strawberry sauce or it has gotten too thick, you can let it simmer in the saucepan with a few tablespoons of water.
Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
A good way of using the strawberry sauce is topping it on cheesecakes.
Here is a strawberry cheesecake recipe where we have used the strawberry sauce from above.
This is delicious and will make you forget all the other toppings for a while.
- For the Crust:
Graham crackers – 200g
Unsalted melted butter – 8 tablespoon
- For the Filling:
Cream cheese – 1 pound
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Sugar – 1 ½ cups
Eggs – 3
All-purpose flour – 2 tablespoons
Sour cream – 1/2 cup
- For the topping
Homemade strawberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a springform pan and line it with baking paper or parchment. Grease it with the help of butter or greasing spray.
- Crush graham crackers with hands or in a food processor.
- In a bowl, add the crushed crackers and butter and mix until it feels like wet sand.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread it evenly with the help of a spatula such that it forms a base.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, and with the help of an electric mixture, beat the cream cheese until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Then add flour and beat the mixture until it is thoroughly combined.
- Then add sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest, and sugar and beat it until it is incorporated.
- Then add the eggs one by one and beat the mixture until it is completely smooth.
- Then pour the mixture into the crust and spread it evenly. Bake it for 55 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool at room temperature. Then chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Take the strawberry sauce you have already made from the above recipe and use it as a topping. Drizzle the cheesecake and enjoy!
Strawberry sauce has a tangy taste, and it tastes fantastic when you place it on top of the strawberry cheesecake. There are a lot of people to make it at home and enjoy it daily.
Others wonder how to make a strawberry sauce for cheesecake, how healthy it is, and what are the points you should take care of when you make it.
Hopefully, this article has helped you solve all of your qualms, and this recipe will go with you for a long way.