This vegan blueberry cheesecake is the perfect cheesecake for summer! In addition to the fact that it is very delicious, creamy, and soft, it is also very easy to make because it doesn’t have any complicated instructions, so anyone can make it.
If you have kids, you can also include them in the making of this beautiful cheesecake. It is vegan, but unlike the rumors you usually hear about vegan food, it’s super delicious. So even if you are not vegan, you should definitely give it a try.
Vegan Blueberry CheesecakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- For The Crust:
Vegan Oreo Cookies – 16 cookies
Vegan butter – ¼ cup, melted
- For The Filling
Fresh Blueberries – 14 ounces
Vegan cream cheese – 2 ¼ cup
Coconut cream – 2/3 cup
Granulated sugar – ¾ cup
Cold water – 1/3 cup
Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
Agar powder – 2 teaspoons
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Start by covering the bottom of an 8 inches springform pan with parchment paper, then place it aside.
- Place the oreo cookies in a food processor, then pulse them several times until they become crushed.
- Add the vegan butter and pulse them several times until they become combined.
- Transfer the crust mixture into the cheesecake pan and press it down gently.
- Use the back of a spatula or a spoon to smooth it down, then let it chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar, and blueberries in a saucepan, then bring them to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let the mixture cook for 5 minutes while stirring gently or until the blueberries become soft and the sauce becomes thick.
- Pour the blueberries mixture while it’s hot into a food processor then process it until it becomes smooth.
- Transfer it to a bowl then let it sit until it cools down.
- In the meantime, pour the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it becomes creamy and soft.
- Add to it the coconut cream and vanilla extract then mix them gently until the a soft peaks, then put it aside.
- Pour the water into a saucepan, then stir into it the agar powder and heat them over medium heat until the agar powder dissolves.
- Increase the heat to bring the mixture to a boil, then let it cook for about 2 minutes while whisking it the whole time.
- Once the time is up, turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl, then add to it the blueberry mixture and mix them well.
- Gently fold the cream mixture into the agar and blueberry mix until they become creamy and smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust then smooth the top with the back to a spoon, and let it chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours to 24 hours.
- Once the time is up, garnish your cheesecake with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
12 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Sodium 190mg 8%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 133mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 27g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- If you don’t have vegan cream cheese, you can substitute it with silken tofu or soy quark.
- If you can’t find coconut milk, you can simply a 14 ounce can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and gently scrap from top of it 2/3 cup of cream the next day.
- For this recipe to work, you need to use 100% agar powder.
- If you don’t like the Oreo cookies, you can substitute them with 180 g of any vegan cookies of your choice.
- You can loosely cover this cheesecake, and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This vegan blueberry cheesecake is simple, delicious, and easy to make! Literally, what more do you need in a cheesecake.
Another good thing about this recipe is that if you are not vegan, you can feel free to swap the vegan ingredients with non-vegan ingredients of your choice. You can also feel free to use heavy whipping cream, regular cream cheese, and you can substitute the agar with 10 grams of gelatine instead. If you decide to use gelatine though, please make sure to follow the instructions on the package to prepare it, then simply add it to the blueberry mixture and continue from there.